- 1 Tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup loosely packed dill leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Peel onions and quarter. Thinly slice and set aside.
- Wash asparagus and snap the woody ends off. Cut into 1″ pieces.
- Pick the dill leaves off the stems and roughly chop.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl.
- Add dill, white pepper and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add butter or olive oil and then sliced onions. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped asparagus to onions and cook an additional 5 minutes until just tender.
- Pour onion and asparagus mixture into casserole dish.
- Pour beaten eggs over and use a fork or spoon to gently mix ingredients into eggs.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until set and just starting to brown on top.
- Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Foudn on: http://www.everydaymaven.com/2013/paleoeggcasserol