What you’ll need:
- 4 Organic Lamb Shanks (Wegmans Food You Feel Good About)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pkg Mirepoix (8oz)
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 C Dry white wine
- 1 Can kitchen cut Roma Tomatoes with Basil
- 3 Cans Cannellini beans, drained
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced (1-2 Tbsp)
- 1 C Chicken Stock (BONE BROTH!)
- 1 tsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
How you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Dust lamb lightly with pan-searing flour. Heal oil in large braising pan on MED. Sear lamb on all sides until lightly browned, 8-10 mins. Remove lamb; set aside. Discard all but 1 Tbsp oil.
- Add mirepoix and bay leaf; cook; stirring; about 4 min, until slightly softened. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits at bottom of pan. Cook 4 min, until liquid is reduced by half to syrupy consistency. Add tomatoes, beans, lemon zest and juice.
- Return lamb to braising pan; pour stock over lamb. Bring to simmer; cover. Place pan on center rack of oven; braise 2-2.5hrs or until fork tender. Remove from oven; carefully remove lid to avoid steam. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in rosemary and thyme; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb on platter; cover with beans and sauce.