- 3 pound of boneless, chicken thighs
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 packages frozen green peas (10 ounces each )
- 16 thin slices peeled fresh ginger (about 1 ounce)
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ cup toasted cashews (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (Optional)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- real salt
Step 1: in a 5-quart slow cooker, toss chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, curry powder, coriander, and cumin to coat. Season with 2 teaspoons salt. Cover, cook on high setting until chicken is fork-tender, about 4 hours (do not uncover while cooking).
Step 2: Stir in coconut milk and peas; cover, cook until peas are heated through, about 20 minutes.
Step 3: Transfer chicken to a large bowl; Shred with fork. Return to pot; toss with sauce
Step 4: To serve, garnish with ½ cup toasted cashews and ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, if desired.
From Martha Stewart.com