- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbls honey
- 2 whole lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- 2 whole oranges, one juiced and one sliced
- 1 tbls basil
- 1/2 tps paprika
- 1 tps onion powder
- 1/4 tps crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 10-12 pieces free range chicken parts (thighs and legs are best)
- 1 medium onion (any kind), thinly sliced
- 1 tps dried thyme, or fresh chopped
- 1 tps dried rosemary, or fresh chopped
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, honey, lemon juice, orange juice, basil, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a strong plastic bag with the olive oil mixture, coating all the pieces and place in the refrigerator to marinate for an hour or even leave over night.
- In a rimmed baking dish, place parts skin side up and spread them out evenly in the pan. Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion around and under the chicken. Sprinkle all over generously with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for about 45min, or until juices run clear.
We enjoyed with quinoa and a simple spinach, avocado and tomato salad.
Inspired by the lovely Georgina of The Comfort of Cooking