Goes Great with the Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges!!
What you’ll need:
Use Organic where possible!
- 2 pounds of stew beef, cut into small pieces OR a soup bone with considerable meat on it.
- 3 Tbs coconut oil
- 4 cups beef stock (Have some bone broth in the freezer? Use that!) (chicken stock will also work)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 tsp real salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 dashes of allspice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 5 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 Tbs arrowroot powder
How you make it:
2. Add stock (or water), garlic, bay leaves, onions, vinegars, honey, and spices. Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Remove garlic cloves and bay leaves. Add carrots and celery. Cover and cook for another 30 – 40 minutes.
4. Remove 2 cups of liquid. Place in a separate bowl. Add arrowroot powder and stir until smooth. Mix back in with the rest of the stew. Stir and cook until hot and bubbly.
5. If using soup bone- after meat is removed, add to crockpot with about 4 cups of water, 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar and turn on low for 12-72 hours. Remove bone and once cooled freeze bone broth for later use. (You may also add veggies of your choice to flavor stock).