Creole Red Snapper
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/4 cup chopped onion
· 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
· 2 teaspoons low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
· 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· Dash of hot sauce
· 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
· Fresh basil sprigs (optional)
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, green bell pepper, and garlic; sauté until tender.
Add tomatoes and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; add fillets, spooning tomato mixture over fish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Garnish with basil sprigs, if desired, and serve immediately.