Protein and fiber packed flourless black bean brownie muffins! Taste like a cakey-delicious brownie except without all the guilt. No one can tell they’re made with beans!
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs*
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (Grade B or C is best)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee, optional to enhance chocolate flavor
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with baking liners and spray the inside of each liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place black beans and 1 egg in food processor and process until beans are well blended. Add two other eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and coffee; process again until smooth. Next add in cocoa powder and baking powder; process once more until smooth. Next fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips evenly among the tops of each muffin batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffins comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Keep muffins for a day at room temperature, then transfer to fridge and place in an airtight container.
*Use 4 eggs instead of 3 if you’d like a more cake like consistency.
Found on: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2015/03/gluten-free-flourless-black-bean-brownie-muffins/