Green Bean Casserole
Makes a large family size
What you’ll need:
- 3 pounds cut green beans
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
How you make it:
- Thaw green beans if using frozen and preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook for about a minute. Don’t let it burn.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper & thyme. Cook for a few minutes until the cream starts to thicken.
- Place the green beans in your baking dish.
- Pour the mushroom mixture over the beans and mix together.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter
- 8 Cook the onion in the butter until translucent. Turn off the heat and add the almond flour. Stir until the butter is soaked up.
- Spread the onion mixture over the top of the casserole. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly with a golden top.
Shared with us by Heather B. on 1/1/2015.