- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 semi-ripe or ripe avocado, peeled, pit removed, chopped into half inch cubes
- 1 packed cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 1.5 TB frsehly minced or pressed garlic (about 3-4 large cloves)
- 1 tsp unrefined finely ground salt
- fat of choice for frying (lard, ghee, tallow, coconut oil, etc.)
- optional: lime slices to garnish
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium heat with a few TB of your fat of choice.
- Add all ingredients except optional lime garnish to a large bowl and mix using your hands until uniformly combined, being careful not to crush the avocado pieces.
- Cook the nuggets in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. When oil is heated and shimmering, use a spoon to portion the meat mixture into desired nugget size. Flatten with the spoon.
- Cook until internal temp of the nugget reaches 165F. On my stovetop, this took about 5 minutes per side, for 10 min total. I do recommend spot-testing them with a thermometer because I found myself surprised with a few that were well-browned and looked done but were not cooked through on the inside.
- Place on a paper towel-lined plate. Add additional fat as needed to the frying pan for the additional batch(es).
- To reheat, warm in the oven for about 10 min at 350F
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins. per batch
Total time: 20 mins.