- 1.5lbs ground beef
- 2 small or 1 large white onion
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1/2 small head of cabbage (about 2 cups shredded)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1.5 T salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper or more
- 2.5 C cauliflower florets
- 1 28oz can tomatoes, undrained
- About 2 quarts homemade beef broth
- Fresh thyme, parsley and rosemary
How you make it:
- Brown the ground beef in a large stock pot. You want to have some chunks of meat, so don’t break it up completely.
- Add celery and carrots and continue to sauté.
- Secretly add cabbage when no one is looking
- Also add the two cloves garlic. Add salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Add the beef stock.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook for about an hour, then add the cauliflower.
- Cook for another 30 minutes or so.
You could also make this recipe in a crockpot and cook it all day on low.
Donated by a happy client, adapted from http://greenhsv.wordpress.com/