What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. grass-fed ground beef or bison
- 1 lb. turkey sausage (try a nitrate-free brand)
- 1/2 c onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1T. Italian seasoning
- 1T. fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 28 oz. Can organic crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
How you make it:
A super easy weeknight meal or stress-free dinner party meal –
- Mix all ingredients except tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Shape into golf ball-sized meatballs, adding a bit more almond flour by the tsp if your meatballs are too “wet” and tough to handle.
- Place in olive oil-greased crock to prevent sticking.
- Pour tomatoes over meatballs.
- Cover. Cook on Low for 6 hours, or HIGH for 4. Best cooked low and slow!
- Serve with a salad.