What you’ll need (Choose organic where possible):
- 1/4 cup whit or brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
How to make it:
- Place mustard seeds, wine vinegar and wine in a small bowl and let sit for 3 hours.
- Pour the contents of the bowl and the water into a food processor with a steel blade.
- Blend until seeds are broken up and then add the dry mustard, salt, allspice, and water, and process until smooth.
- Scoop into glass container and refrigerate 12 hours before serving.