A simple and flavorful roasted acorn squash mash with a hint of coconut oil or butter and real salt.
Author: Wellness Mama
Recipe type: Side
What you’ll need:
- 2 medium size acorn squash
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons real salt (or other natural salt)
- Other spices (optional) Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Garlic are good but not needed.
How you make it:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice squash in half and scoop out seeds. Place face down in a large baking dish and add about ½ inch of water.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on size of the squash) until the skin is easy to pierce with a fork and the flesh is soft.
- Remove from oven and scoop out the flesh of the squash.
- Place in bowl and add coconut oil/butter and salt.
- Serve as you would mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes and enjoy!