- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut syrup (honey or maple syrup will work too)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sprouted almonds, chopped
- extra shredded coconut for topping (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil over low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add cocoa powder, coconut syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add shredded coconut and sprouted almonds to the chocolate dough.
- Mix well and let the dough cool to room temperature.
- Scoop cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten each cookie with a spoon or fork.
- Sprinkle cookies with shredded coconut or chopped almonds (optional).
- Place cookies in the refrigerator to set.
- Store cookies in container in refrigerator or freezer.
- Store for up to two weeks.
Yields approximately 1 dozen cookies.