What you’ll need (Choose organic when possible):
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Real salt
- Favorite natural no sugar added nut butter
- Small amount of seasonal fruits (Northern fruits have lower sugar)
- Veggies- If making savory version
How you make ’em:
1. In a bowl, whisk your eggs with the coconut oil.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. In a greased skillet pour ¼ cup of liquid and smooth it out, cook for 1
minute on each side or until done.
4. Spread with favorite natural, no sugar added nut butter and layer on the fruit. Mix it up with various seasonal fruits, or try the savory version and sneak some veggies into your children’s mornings!
5. Leave out the honey, coconut milk and vanilla for a more traditional tortilla flavor.
This breakfast is super simple and highly versatile. Use high quality breakfast or Italian sausages with peppers and onions. Try ham and veggies for a protein packed morning. Add cheese to either savory or sweet for the fat content.
Adapted from StupidEasyPaleo.com