- Iron skillet or stainless steel pan
- 1 16-ounce Organic steak
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- Real salt and pepper
How you make it:
- Take meat out of the fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Salt and pepper to liking. (Don’t salt too early or it will draw juices from meat)
- Set skillet over medium heat.
- Set the steak on its fatty edge upright in the skillet.
- Cook it for about 4 minutes until it had rendered a decent amount of fat.
- Flip it on to one flat side and cook it for about 3 minutes. Then flipped it and cooked it for about 2 more.
- Remove the steak, pour off the beef fat, and add the butter and garlic.
- Returned steak to the skillet on the side it had cooked on the least, and cook for about 5 minutes. During that time baste the other side continuously with the butter. Flip it, and cook for about 3 minutes continuing to baste it with butter.
- Let steak rest for about 6-8 minutes before cutting in to steak to retain juices.
*You can adjust times for preferred doneness.