What you'll need:
- 1/2 gallon (8 cups) natural fruit juice (like apple juice or cider, lemonade, grape juice, orange juice or berry juice)
- 1/4 cup whey
- dash of salt (optional- this enhances the fermentation process)
How you make it:
- Place the juice, whey and salt (optional) in a large jar and stir to mix evenly.
- Cover lightly with a lid or cheesecloth and a rubber band. Let sit at room temperature for 3 days.
- After 3 days, cover tightly and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours to carbonate.
*If you leave it tightly covered at room temperature for more than 24 hours (or even less if the room is very warm), there’s a chance that your juice will explode like a champagne or soda bottle, so be careful.
Transfer your fermented juice to the refrigerator and enjoy!
Found at Real Food Family.