Serves: 4 What You’ll Need:
- 2 large fresh beets, scrubbed and peeled
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 heads fresh kale, very finely chopped
- 2 large carrots
- 4 Tbsp. walnut halves, chopped
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ tsp. fresh lemon zest
How you make it:
- Place beets on a flat surface, suing a sharp knife, cut into matchsticks.
- In a large bowl, combine beets, onion, kale, carrots, walnuts and tarragon.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, oil, sea salt, pepper and lemon zest; pour over kale salad and toss to combine.