What you’ll need:
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 4 large black radishes, trimmed and peeled
- 2 cups sliced black globe grapes
- 5+ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- zest of 1 lemon, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
How you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare rinsed quinoa in salted water according to instructions.
- Add a generous drizzle olive oil to a small skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the sliced shallot and a pinch of salt and cook for 2 minutes. Turn heat to low and allow the shallots to caramelize while you prepare the other components. Stir occasionally.
- Trim the radishes, halve, and cut into approximately 1/4 inch thick half-moon slices. Place in a book and coat with 3 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Divide slices between two rimmed baking sheets, and roast. After 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip the slices. Roast for another 10 – 15 minutes or until the edges have crisped and the radish flesh is tender.
- Meanwhile, toss the grapes with a drizzle of olive oil and a teaspoon of lemon zest, and spread on a smaller rimmed baking sheet. Roast grapes for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, remaining zest, Dijon, and a pinch of sea salt. Whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss two-thirds of the dressing with the quinoa, shallots, and parsley. Fold in the roasted black radishes and grapes. Taste, adjust dressing or salt levels as needed, and serve.