What you’ll need:
- ½ cup of red wine Chianti
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 sprig of thyme
- ¼ cup of minced celery
- ¼ cup of minced jicama
- ¼ cup of minced shallot
- 3 sliced of thick nitrate free bacon, diced
- 2 lb 2.25 lb Boneless grass-fed Pork leg, butterflied
How you make it:
First, whisk up the red wine, olive oil, sea, pepper and thyme and marinade the pork shoulder for 4 6 hours before you roast it.
- When the pork is ready, combine the celery, jicama, shallots and bacon in a bowl and blend.
- Take the mixture and put down the center of the pork leg and shape it into a roll.
- Tie the roast closed with a piece of twine and set into a skillet.
- Place the skillet in the oven at 325 degrees. Also, set a small pan of water in the oven at the same time.
- Let cook for 1hr 45 minutes or until the inner temperature reads 165 and let rest for 15 minutes.
Found on: http://www.agirlworthsaving.net/2012/11/rolledporkroast.html