What you’ll need:
Paleo Cherry-Maple Cranberry Sauce.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1-1/4 cup 100% black cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Sea salt
Sauteed Acorn Squash with Sage.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 acorn squash, seeded and cut into small, 1/2 inch pieces (peeled if desired)
- 4 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Sea salt
How you make it:
Make the cranberry sauce ahead of time. In a sauce pot, combine all ingredients and heat over medium, stirring frequently. Cook for about 10 minutes, until most of the cranberries have popped, then remove the mixture from the heat and store it in the refrigerator. The cranberry sauce with thicken as it chills.
In a large saute pan, heat the ghee. Add the squash and stir well to coat evenly with the ghee. Cook for about 5 minutes (until the squash begins to soften), and then add your sage and a bit of sea salt. Continue to saute until the squash is browned on the outsides by fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Salt additionally to taste.
Found on: http://leafparade.com/2013/11/14/sauteed-acorn-squash-with-paleo-cherry-maple-cranberry-sauce/