Savory and Sweet Crackers (with Almond Flour)
Danielle Walker – AgainstAllGrain.com
SERVES: about 20 crackers
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3 teaspoons raw sunflower seeds
- 1 sprig rosemary
How you make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for 1 teaspoon of sunflower seeds, in a food processor and grind until combined thoroughly. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of sunflower seeds, and pulse once until they are roughly chopped. You should have a fairly lumpy dough where you can see bits of raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Remove the dough and form it into a ball with your hands. Place the ball between two sheets of parchment paper, then roll the dough to a ⅛ inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment. Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into one large square, then into smaller squares. Save the scraps and re-roll it to get more crackers. Carefully transfer the parchment piece to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan once, until golden. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then carefully break the crackers apart.
- Alternatively, dehydrate on a low setting for 24 hours. Flip the crackers over half way through.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of weeks. These probably won’t last that long in your house though!