What you’ll need:
Use organic where possible:
- 2 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup fine diced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup fine diced red bell pepper (or use yellow & red combo)
- 3 large russet potatoes (or white sweet potatoes – they’re less sweet than orange)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
How you make ’em”
- Be sure to dice the onion and pepper first, so that they’re ready to go once you grate the potatoes.
- Then, peel the potatoes and grate using a box grater or the grater attachment on your food processor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter (or coconut oil), onion and peppers the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes until they just begin to soften. Then add the grated potatoes, making sure to evenly distribute across the pan.
- Allow potatoes to cook undisturbed for about 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip them over with a spatula section by section. Allow them to continue cooking another 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately with a side of eggs and bacon.
Found on: thenourishinghome.com