What you’ll need:
- 1 small red onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in thirds
- 2 celery stalks, cut in thirds
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound lean ground beef, ground turkey breast, ground buffalo
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into pieces
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15oz can crushed tomatoes (I used fresh)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp vinegar (I used Bragg’s Apple Cider vinegar)
- 4-5 medjool dates pitted
How you make it:
- Place onions, carrots celery, pepper, onion, garlic and dates in food processor (I used a Vitamix) and pulse until finely grated.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat and lightly brown the meat.
- Add vegetable mixture, tomato paste and seasonings to skillet and simmer for at least ½ hour.
I used grain free buns but also had left overs on baked sweet potato which was very good.
Recipe given to us by Jen King.