What you’ll need:
- 6 parsnips (about 2 lb), peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and quartered
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- About 40oz of bone broth (chicken or vegetable stock works too)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil, for garnish
How you make it:
- Place ingredients in 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and crock on LOW 10-12 hours, or until parsnips are tender.
- Let soup cool down about 10 minutes and add to blender.
- Puree soup until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Garnish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Adapted from: http://www.getcrocked.com/2013/11/04/slow-cooker-paleo-apple-parsnip-soup/