Summer Shrimp Fritters
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 16 Large shrimp, de-skinned, de-veined, and then chopped into small pieces ( Reserve skins)
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely diced
- ½ cup garbanzo bean flour ( Bob’s Red Mill-coconut flour or gluten-free flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup shrimp broth ( from reserved skins)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the skins and enough water to cover. Just bring to a slow boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Once the shrimp broth is complete, remove the skins and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Whisk in a half cup of the shrimp broth into the dry ingredients and mix into a batter. It should be the same consistency of a pancake batter. Once the batter is the right consistency, mix in the shrimp, onion, garlic and parsley.
- In a skillet warm up olive oil then drop in the batter and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Once cooked remove from pan and place on a towel to soak up some of the oil. Keep fritters warm in the oven while cooking another batch.