- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red apple, such as Rome, and 1 green apple, both halved, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a pan, cover potatoes with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain; return potatoes to pot. Add molasses, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 3/4 tsp. salt, allspice and nutmeg; mash. Fold in eggs. Spread in a 2-quart baking dish.
2. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add apples and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. salt; sauté until apples are golden, about 5 minutes. Spoon over potatoes; sprinkle with nuts. Bake until apples are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Found at: http://www.health.com/health/recipe/0,,20957670,00.html