- 1.5lb uncooked Mild Italian Chicken Sausage, casing off
- 1 large Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 4 large ribs of Celery, finely chopped
- 2 Carrots, finely chopped
- 2 small Fuji apples, chopped
- 2 cups White Mushroom, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil (or whatever oil you prefer)
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Slivered Blanched Almonds
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- 4 Sage leaves, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Gather all ingredients.
- In the large pan, heat the Macadamia Nut Oil over medium-high heat and saute the onion for a couple minutes.
- Still over medium-high heat, add the sausage and break it up into chunks. Cook until browned, about 6 minutes.
Add all the chopped vegetables, apples, and herbs: celery, carrots, mushroom, apples, chicken broth, sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, until apple begins to soften a bit.
Add the pecans and slivered almonds. Cook for a couple minutes.
- Transfer stuffing mix from the large pan to the Glass Baking Dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Found at: http://www.jesliao.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-sausage-stuffing.html