The Perfect Burger
Ingredients: Choose organic when possible
For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef (must be local grass fed)
- 1/4 medium red onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the shoestring parsnip fries
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) coconut oil, melted
- Sliced red onions
- Homemade Mayo
- Romaine hearts
- Shoestring parsnip fries (from above)
Directions for The Perfect Burger:
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the burgers without overworking the meat.
- Divide meat into 3 equal portions and form into ½-inch (12-mm)-thick patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each burger. Set aside.
- Using a spiral slicer or julienne slicer, cut the parsnips into strings.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat, and preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill and close the lid. Cook 6 minutes.