Turnip Greens Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 spring onions or 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic scapes or ~4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon or other meat
- 2 bunches of turnip greens (~ 4 cups chopped)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Sauté onions and garlic in butter until softened.
- Stir in pre-cooked meat (or throw meat in with onions and garlic) and turnip greens. Sauté the greens until slightly wilted. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl crack eggs and mix in milk, cheese, black pepper, salt and mustard powder. Stir in greens mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into a buttered 9×13″ pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are just golden brown. Serve with a fresh green salad.